1. Assess your current finances: It's a good idea to perform a financial checkup once a year.
2. Set financial goals: Decide which areas need improvement and set goals.
3. Set up a budget: Create a plan that will help you reach your goals.
4. Prepare your tax return: Ensure you have your finances in order when it comes to the IRS.
5. Get out of credit card debt: Improve your financial health by paying down your debt.
6. Build your emergency fund: Prepare for any unexpected expenses with an emergency fund.